Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dying Wool - SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Last Tuesday, Nellie and I took a road trip to Loretta Moore's house to have a wool dying workshop. It was WONDERFUL!!! We learned so much from Loretta and had so much fun! We are definitely hooked and can't wait to experiment on our own. Loretta's house is set on a beautiful lot overlooking a lake, and is so beautiful. She and her husband had the house built and are just finishing the painting and finishing touches. With Loretta's hooked rugs as focal points this house is absolutely TO DIE FOR!!! But the road in is a bit scary - not a good idea to read directions while going up an down and around - my tummy didn't like it at all. Here are some of our finished products.

1 comment:

me said...

I love what you did, the colours are beautiful! I am curious about the patterned ones- are they woven that way, then dyed? In any case, I think they are great. Thanks for sharing!