Yesterday my youngest son requested scones for breakfast. Usually on a Friday morning this type of request wouldn't be granted, BUT since I was still on holidays and since he was suffering from a sinus infection, I got out my favourite recipe and got to work.
I haven't made scones since I started using Thrive, so I decided to "Thrivelize" my recipe!! I got out my Thrive blueberries, Thrive cranberries (about 1/4 cup of each) and Thrive Lemonade powder (1/2 tsp) and mixed them with a little water (3 tsp). I let them sit and got to work on the scones.
Here is my super easy scone recipe:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter cubed
1 cup milk
2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix the lemon juice and milk and set aside.
- Add the five dry ingredients to a food processor and pulse. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and add the milk - stir with a fork.
- At this time you can add whatever additions you want.
*** My son loves chocolate chips in his scones, so I take out enough batter to make three scones and add the chocolate chips to it. For the rest of the scones I mixed in my Thrive berry mixture,
5. Drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
6. I sprinkled Thrive honey Crystals on top, but you could use sugar instead.
7. Bake at 425 F (220 C) for 12-15 minutes (until puffed and golden)
Makes about 12 scones (or 9 if you are the Baker family LOL)