Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Designing Fabric

While we were in Portland, our good friends at Camelot Cottons came to our booth for a visit. I had never actually met Cheryl or Elana in person as Nellie met them when she was in Salt Lake City at the last Spring Market. It was so nice to put faces to their names - now I know who I'm emailing to!! While they were in our booth, we discussed what kind of projects we wanted to work on next. At one point in the discussion, Elana asked if we had ever thought about designing fabric - and honestly, what quilt pattern designer hasn't???? So they asked if we would design a line of fabric for them and of course we said "yes" then we said "but we don't know how to do that!" - personally I always think honesty is the best policy. But they were still interested, so now we need to figure it out - but first Nellie and I need to actually see each other for more than 10 minutes in between all of our other obligations. That is our biggest challenge - I think. We are both so busy that it is hard to find a time when we are both free for a good block of time but this week, Thursday afternoon is the day - so wish us luck!

No comments: