Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Pictures From Portland Quilt Market

Saturday morning, I got up early and again headed into "school". This time I was taking a class on using Shiva Paintsticks, being taught by Betty Blais from Embellishment Village. Boy, was that fun!!! Friday morning, Dyane and I had taken the "Angelina Fibers" class with Betty and that day had both headed to her booth to buy her book and all the other "necessities". So, after spending another hour with her on Saturday, I ended up in her booth AGAIN to buy a book, paintsticks, rubbing plates, and stencils AND Marilee and I got her foiling supplies!!! We have decided that our Fibre Friends group is going to have a "play day" to experiment with all of these new goodies!!
Saturday night, we took a bus to the E.E.Schenck warehouse - boy that was overwhelming!! Here is Dyane (with the 5000 other customers all armed with loaded down shopping carts). We did get some great deals - but we were starting to worry about having enough room in our suitcases!!!

Here are Jean, Nellie and I manning our tables at Sample Spree on Thursday night.

No comments: