Saturday, August 9, 2008

My birthday present

My mom always loves to poke around in my fabric stash. She always comes over to find just the right piece to finish off one of her projects and I usually let her have free reign - I figure I owe her way more than that in babysitting fees alone!

Apparently, over the years as she has been "borrowing" fabric from my stash, she has also been working on a scrappy quilt - the top of which she gave me for my birthday back in May. You can imagine my surprise when I opened my present to find a quilt made entirely with my own leftover fabric!! It has pieces of fabric from almost every project I have made - and is a wonderful reminder of every one of those projects.

So she gave me the quilt top for my birthday, but it still needed an outside border - we found the perfect one in where else but my stash!! But it still needed to be quilted, so last week we mounted it on my machine and Mom got to play. It came off the frame a couple days ago. I just called tonight and the binding is almost done - I can't wait to put it on my bed!

2 comments:

Melzie said...

What a neat gift...(mom, MOM, are you reading this?!) LOL xoxo melzie

PAOLETTA said...

Hello, I am Paola and I live in Italy, your blog and very exciting, forward love..... a kiss by by