Thursday, June 23, 2016

Flying geese table runners two different ways


52 Week UFO Challenge - Projects #28 & #29

Back in January I was the guest blogger on QUILTsocial and I used the ColorWorks Concepts fabrics from Northcott to make this fun Flying Geese Quilt. 



Due to my trials and errors working out the quilt pattern I had LOTS of flying geese blocks left over. So....I made table runners!! 


The first runner was made by sewing together ten of the blocks with no border. 



I quilted it from end to end using black thread and a wavy line - I LOVE it!!



I had three blocks left over (all with lime green as the accent colour) so I sewed them together and added a couple borders.
This cute little table runner was custom quilted with different designs in the different sections. The loop-de-loop in the inner border is one of my favourites and the parallel lines in the blocks are outer border were quite fun to do!


Projects #28 and #29 are finished and the littler table runner is now on the table in our upstairs hall! I am almost half way through my 52 week challenge and so far I am right on track!!

No comments: