Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Common Threads Guild

I've just gotten home from Ottawa, where I spent the evening being the guest speaker at the Common Threads Guild. Nellie and I were supposed to be giving this lecture together, but she was organizing a lecture/workshop for the guild in Lindsay at the same time as I was organizing this lecture, and by the time we realized that the 9th of September was the SAME day as the second Tuesday in September, we had both finalized the arrangements. So my parents drove up to Ottawa with me, we did some shopping then went to a Garry and Susan Schultz's for dinner. Dad then stayed to spend the evening with his old friend Garry while us girls headed to the guild meeting.
My talk was entitled "Turning your hobby into a business" and the guild was very receptive and had lots of great questions afterwards. They also had a great time "shopping" after my talk, as I had brought along a selection of books and patterns to sell.
Donna Taylor, from Taylor Sewing Centre donated a Laurel Burch tote bag and we donated books and "A Needle Pulling Thread" magazines so the guild used these for raffle prizes.
It was a fun night, but now I should be heading to bed - thanks Common Threads!

No comments: