Friday, January 3, 2014

My "Mystery Quilt" #1

Happy New Year!!!

When I am designing my patterns I usually plan everything out and think ahead to make sure that what I do will be fairly easy to explain in the written pattern. Sometimes however, it is fun just to make something for myself - and not worry about how I would explain it!
When I was organizing my projects to take to Nellie's quilt retreat in November I had nothing that I HAD to work on, and had no idea what I wanted to do. I looked at my fabric stash and decided to cut up a bundle of Moda flannel fat quarters that I had bought a Quilt Market years ago. I had some other larger pieces of flannel that I had bought at other times and they all seemed to work together.
I got out my Accuquilt dies and tried to decide what to do with these fabrics. I decided to use my Isosceles triangle die and my half square triangle die to cut the fabrics for some kaleidoscope blocks. With the left over fabrics from each fat quarter I cut as many half square triangles as I could and then used my GO! Quarter Square Triangle-6" Finished Square to cut the large triangles needed to make Flying Geese units. I had no idea what I was going to do with all of these pieces when I was done, but I had A LOT of sewing to do.
 GO! Quarter Square-6" Finished Triangle (Triangle-4 7/8")

No comments: