Thursday, January 9, 2014

My "Mystery Quilt" #3

After I had finished making my 42 kaleidoscope blocks I stayed up late on the Saturday night (with my buddy Trudy), arranged them on the floor of the work room and got to work sewing them together.

I wanted to quilt to be big enough for our queen size bed, so I knew that I needed to add borders. I still had to make the flying geese units, but wasn't sure how many I had cut or if there would be enough to go all the way around the quilt. That is the one problem with the Accuquilt cutter - it is SO easy to cut all of your shapes that I can sometimes get carried away and just keep cutting without knowing exactly WHAT I have cut!!

No comments: