Monday, February 29, 2016

Block of the Month - March block

New Beginnings BOM Program

I know it isn't quite March yet, but I was super excited to post the March block of the month block, because I worked on it (and some of the others) at the quilt retreat last weekend and everyone there was really loving how the blocks are coming along!

I think this one is my favourite so far!!

March Block of the Month pattern

The digital download is now available on Craftsy - just click on this link which will take you to the page: New Beginnings BOM - March


First thing I needed to do was to pick my fabrics. I am really loving having my little tags to label each fabric as I pick it out and cut it. It makes it so much easier when I go to sew as I am not doing my blocks in the same colours as the pattern.

My fabric choices for the March block

My pieces are all cut and labelled and ready to go!
Here is my finished block. I just LOVE how the two flying geese units join together to make the arrowhead design!! And could you imagine a quilt made with a bunch of these blocks?? It would be stunning - maybe I'll have to put that on my wish list!


Here are my first four blocks up together on my design wall. It feels so nice to have taken down (and finished) a few of my UFOs that have been on the design wall for months - it is a clean slate and looks great with my new blocks.

Have fun sewing! And don't forget to post pictures of your finished blocks on Craftsy so that we can enter your name in our draw.





No comments: