Tuesday, February 23, 2016

52 Week UFO Challenge Project #10 - Wool bird banner

I started this wool banner almost 2 years ago as a prototype for kits that I was making for my booth at our local guild quilt show. I always intended to finish it, but never got around to it until now. All it needed was a backing, hanging tabs and tongues.

The kits that I made for the show used a gold coloured wool for the background and I cut all of the birds and tongue shapes using my Accuquilt Studio Fabric Cutter. The Go! Birds Die has three different bird shapes and cuts wools beautifully!

Kits available on my website
I cut a backing for the banner, the same size as the front then used my 505 Spray to stick the two together, aligning all of the edges. I cut two hanging tabs, folded them in half then slid them in between the front and backing.

The hanging tabs

I cut the tongues using my Studio Tongue Rug Die and then slid them in between the layers and sewed a button onto each one.

Her is the finished banner! Project #10 is done.
The finished banner

No comments: