Tuesday, May 3, 2016

It's Been a Slice - Layer Cake Quilt

On Thursday I finished teaching my "Sliced Layer Cake" class at Taylor Sewing Centre and I just LOVED how all of my students' projects were coming along. It's so fun to see how my pattern can be made in five other colour schemes!!

Here are some pictures of my students' works in progress:

Assorted sewing themed fabrics cut into 10" squares

Lovely greys and taupes = a present for a grandson

A beautiful batik quilt

Reproduction fabrics

This one is going to be a queen sized quilt when finished


Donna has asked if she could take my sample with her to the Ottawa Quilt Show next weekend, so I have published my directions for the quilt into a pattern - "It's Been a Slice".


I've also just added this pattern to my Craftsy site, so you can check it out there!! ePatterns are so great because you get them immediately AND don't have to pay shipping.

I can't wait to see the finished projects from my students. I hope they send me pictures of their finished "It's Been a Slice" quilts. Seeing the ones they were working on makes me want to start another layer cake quilt!!!

No comments: