Saturday, September 3, 2016

Machine quilting my QUILTsocial Mystic Garden (Mountain View) quilt

In July on QUILTsocial I used some of Northcott's Mystic Garden fabric to make two different quilts. By the end of the week I had finished machine quilting the first quilt - a lap quilt that used large sections of the main Mystic Garden fabric with flying geese sections made three different ways.



For the second quilt top I used our Upper Canada Quiltworks' "Mountain View" pattern. and substituted the main Mystic Garden fabric in place of the panels.



 I found the PERFECT thread in my stash for quilting this quilt top. Vibrant purple, teal and lime green variegated King Tut thread!!


Here is my quilt loaded on the Gammill frame and ready to quilt!


I LOVE that striped fabric in the inner border and did one of my favourite loop-de-loop designs to quilt it.


Finding a nice design for quilting the flying geese is sometimes a challenge, so I experimented with this design:


Here is the finished quilt - all it needs now is the binding!



No comments: