Saturday, August 22, 2015

A great way to make easy Blueberry, Cranberry, Lemon Scones



Yesterday my youngest son requested scones for breakfast. Usually on a Friday morning this type of request wouldn't be granted, BUT since I was still on holidays and since he was suffering from a sinus infection, I got out my favourite recipe and got to work.

I haven't made scones since I started using Thrive, so I decided to "Thrivelize" my recipe!! I got out my Thrive blueberries, Thrive cranberries (about 1/4 cup of each) and Thrive Lemonade powder (1/2 tsp) and mixed them with a little water (3 tsp). I let them sit and got to work on the scones.





Here is my super easy scone recipe:

2 1/4 cups   all-purpose flour
2 tbsp         white sugar
2 1/2 tsp     baking powder
1/2 tsp        baking soda
1/2 tsp        salt
1/2 cup       cold butter cubed
1 cup          milk
2 tsp           lemon juice


  1. Mix the lemon juice and milk and set aside.
  2. Add the five dry ingredients to a food processor and pulse. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
  3. Pour this mixture into a bowl and add the milk - stir with a fork.
  4. At this time you can add whatever additions you want.


         *** My son loves chocolate chips in his scones, so I take out enough batter to make three scones and add the chocolate chips to it. For the rest of the scones I mixed in my Thrive berry mixture,

      5.  Drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
      6.  I sprinkled Thrive honey Crystals on top, but you could use sugar instead.
      7.  Bake at 425 F (220 C) for 12-15 minutes (until puffed and golden)

Makes about 12 scones (or 9 if you are the Baker family LOL)



Using the food processor makes the job quick and easy. And using Thrive is a great way to make easy Blueberry, Cranberry, Lemon Scones that are super yummy!!



No comments: