Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tortilla Soup - Thrive Style

Today I decided to FINALLY make Chef Todd's Los Cabos Tortilla Soup and I have to say, it was DELICIOUS!

Tortilla Soup from Thrive

The first time I ever had Tortilla Soup was in Houston at Quilt Market. We stayed at the Convention Centre Hilton and this soup was their speciality. I've had it a few times since, but none were as good as the one at the Hilton. 

This recipe though is pretty close! And super easy! And FAST! 

First of all I made a "meal in a jar" with the recipe. I added Thrive Sweet Corn and a bit more chilli powder to my version.

My Thrive ingredients 

Once all of the ingredients were in the jar, all I had to do tonight was to add the water and simmer for about 25 minutes. To serve, we filled our bowls with the soup, added crushed tortilla chips, grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream. 

The resulting Tortilla Soup (Thrive Style) was AMAZING!  Check out my Thrive website for this and MANY more recipes. 


No comments: