Friday, January 15, 2016

52 Week UFO Challenge - Project #3 Finishing up the Wilderness Lodge wall hanging

The borders are on - now we quilt!!

Northcott sent us bolts of fabric to make all of the projects from our book - since I have lots of the black with tan maple leaves I'm going to use it for the backing on my Wilderness Lodge wall hanging.
Backing fabrics
The quilt is loaded on the Gammill and I'm ready to start quilting. 


The outer border is quilted with leaves and swirls. 



The black inner border got my favourite alternating loop design.


Around each of the animal blocks I did a meandering stitch.


I repeated the alternating loop design around the animal squares.


In the animal squares I decided to use two of my rulers to do a curved outline and to stitch an "X" through the centre.


Her is the finished wall hanging - it even has binding on it! Project #3 is all done!!


No comments: